BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Glitter Text
Make your own Glitter Graphics

Friday, April 9, 2010

You Will Always Be Missed

Have you ever lost a loved one? Like your family member or friends? I lost my grandma 3 years ago and the sad part is that I can't attend her funeral to see her for the last time. I was pregnant with my eldest son at the time and almost reach my due date. Since the funeral is in Singapore, chances of me passing through the Custom check was very slim as they don't allow pregnant women of 6 months and above to enter Singapore. So, when my sister called and told me that she has passed away, I sat and cried my eyes out.
I lost a friend 2 years ago, Afidah Hamdan. She has diabetic complications. The sad part was none of us close friends knows that she was actually sick as she has never shows it. When a friend called me & told me that Afidah (or Fified as I always call her) passed away, I couldn't believe my ear. I just can't believe it as I just saw her 2 weeks before when we went to a friend's wedding together. The story was she has serious diabetes problem and it became worse. She has to undergo a surgery to remove boils from her body. There was complications & she went coma. So again, I was unable to attend her funeral as I'm in Shah Alam & her funeral is in JB.
The reason I'm telling you this story is because after she passed away, I've had so many dreams of her. In this dreams it's always as if there's regret of her leaving us so soon. She was a very happy person, jovial & always positive. She was the closest friend that I've had. Every time I'm back in JB, the first person that I would call would be her.
Yesterday, I received an email notification from Friendster. It's Afidah's birthday coming up. Can you imagine how I feel when I read the email with her photo embedded on it? I miss her so much! Though we've been close not for a long time, she's always there to listen to my problems. The thing that I remembered about her the most is her "gossip".. She always have the latest gossip. Always when I read Yassin, I prayed & dedicate it to my friend Afidah. May she always be remembered as a good friend to everyone. Amin.

"Semoga arwah ditempatkan di antara orang-orang beriman dan sebahagian dari ahli Syurga. Semoga arwah juga dijauhkan dari siksaan kubur dan siksaan api Neraka Jahanam."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alfatihah untuk arwah. Amin..

Siti Shuhadah said...

terima kasih

Siti Shuhadah said...

Tomorrow (18/4/2010) is arwah Afidah's birthday. Friends who read this, please, let's sadaqah al-Fatihah & Yassin to arwah Afidah..
AL-FATIHAH...