BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Glitter Text
Make your own Glitter Graphics

Monday, April 5, 2010

Rich, Richer, Richest

Here's a thought. What makes a person's rich? Is it the car he owns, the clothes he wears, the handphone he's using or the branded stuff that he cares about? And how does a person becomes rich? Do you want to be rich or wealthy? The answer must be; everyone wants to be rich right? I had a small discussion with my husband the other day on the different type of rich people. So far, we can conclude this;
a) the person inherits his family wealth and the wealth will be endowed to him & his families for generations;
b) the person works hard his entire life and gets what he wants because of his hard work & determination;
c) the person hits a jackpot or lottery;
d) the person joins MLM and goes all the way;
e) the person just plain lucky or
f) the person sells drugs or bribe or any unlawful activities

So, which one suits you? I prefer (b). Why? The satisfaction. Honestly, I'm not keen on this MLM thingy (no offense to anyone). I'm not really a "people" person. I love business, don't get me wrong. It's just that I like selling things or services that people are familiar with and not too expensive. All this MLM thing requires you to fork out a certain sum of money first before you earn the profit, right? And basically some of the products are not cheap. So, MLM. What else? Inheritance? Wish my ancestors were rich generations. But, nah.. Jackpot? Haram! Plain lucky? I really hope so, but I don't really count on my luck. So that leaves hard work. I've told my husband that I do not want to be rich. Funny huh? My goal is to live well, to have investment and money when I'm old, live simply and enjoy life while having some money as savings for my children. I want to be debt-free and I want freedom of mind. I do not want big, luxurious bungalow. I just want a nice, simple house to live in. Nice furniture & a cool kitchen cabinet :). Enough rooms for my kids & my guests. Nice lawn and simple landscape. Car, that's the only thing that I crave of. Mercedes R350. But the point is, does money & wealth gives you the ultimate satisfaction? Does displaying your expensive handbags or shoes gives you the ultimate satisfaction? Yes, of course! But, does it last? Does all this materials guarantees that you have a happy life? Does having millions of ringgit ensure that you are problem-free? And the most important thing, does it makes you feel closer to Allah? Think about it......


2 comments:

Qoka.. said...

i want to be rich.
i think there is nothing wrong in being rich.
u have extras to help others.
u don't have to show off your 'richness'.
we have to show that a malay muslim woman can be a successful person too.
So, let's be rich!

ps: plz remove the captcha!

Siti Shuhadah said...

we have to show that a malay muslim woman can be a successful person too.-- i like the statement!